With today’s economy, many more people are choosing to stay in their homes longer and upgrade their existing spaces. There are numerous ways to add enjoyment to your outdoor areas and outdoor lighting is at the top of the list. It not only adds light to your spaces, it also adds safety, beauty and atmosphere. Here are our top 10 reasons for adding outdoor lighting to your Memphis home:
- Increases your curb appeal – You can always tell which homes have quality outdoor lighting installed. These houses stand out on the block. Once the sun goes down, dramatic architectural lighting creates a striking scene by highlighting the best features of your home.
- Creates focus – Think about what features of your property you want people to see most. Outdoor lighting can help bring focus a beautiful tree, landscaped area, or water feature. Lighting landscaped areas correctly draws attention where you want your guests to look.
- Discourages break-ins – Lighting your property is a good crime deterrent. Robbers are likely to avoid entering a home where neighbors could easily detect their presence. Outdoor lighting decreases shadowed areas where intruders could work undetected.
- Minimizes trips and falls – The safety provided by outdoor lighting is not limited to security. By lighting paths, stairs, and pool areas, you can help safeguard your family from trips and falls that could cause injury. And as any mother knows, any injury is one to be avoided.
- Increases visibility – It can become very difficult to see in your backyard at night. With architectural, deck, path and landscape lighting, you will able to see much more clearly. Whether you need to take out the trash or retrieve the family pet, the process will be much more smooth.
- Extends time outdoors – Outdoor lighting allows you to have extended time on your deck or patio, in your garden, or at your pool. Darkness will not drive you and your family indoors early, and you will be able to continue enjoying your spaces long into the night.
- Increases property value – All homeowners want to increase their property value, and we all hope to be able to sell a property for more than we invested in it. Adding outdoor lighting can positively affect the resale value of your home.
- Increases beauty of your home – Lighting is beautiful. It can make or break a photo, and it can do the same with property. The outdoor lighting provided by Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Memphis is dramatic, warm, and calming. It creates a space that people want to step into.
- Sets the mood – If you want an outdoor area that is relaxed, architectural lighting and landscape lighting can set that mood. It can also be romantic and inviting or festive. Outdoor lighting sets the tone and mood of your home.
- Is environmentally friendly – Believe it or not, outdoor lighting can be environmentally friendly. Our LED lighting is energy efficient and low emission, so it will not only bathe your property in beautiful, natural light, it will also have minimal impact on the planet.
Outdoor lighting is a good decision. If you want any or all of these benefits for your property, call Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Memphis today. We will work with you to create the best outdoor lighting system for you property.
John Bowers, Owner
Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Memphis